Thursday, March 11, 2010

The California Job Market


I went to Indeed.com to check out the part-time, non-stripping job market. Some of my favorites:

Night cashier at McDonalds. Deal with the drunk bastards that are eating 4th meal while you're stuck next to the deep fryer in your fabulous uniform for $5.65 an hour.

Night phlebotomy assistant
. Draw blood from patients in the middle of the night at the hospital! Make sure you are wide awake at 2AM before you poke them...

Babysitting. OK- this one isn't so bad if it didn't make me feel worse that I'm a 30 year old PhD without my significant other and just a dog and a cat waiting for me at home. And the people hiring me are my age... and it pays crap because they want a 17 year old.

Bartender. This would probably have been really fun a few years ago but I don't know about now. Dressing cute and being "on" all night so I get tips? Eh- I don't know if I have the energy for that. Sadly, no one would hire me without experience anyway.

Builder at Ikea. No- seriously. They have a night job for someone to build furniture. I thought you were supposed to do this when you get it home!

Boston Market delivery driver. I hate Boston Market food. It's over priced, everything comes separately, and now they deliver? No thanks.

So there you have it. The part-time job market. Sheesh.








Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment